List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Ebuilds needing user input
From:       Stuart Herbert <stuart () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2004-01-31 8:33:21

On Friday 30 January 2004 11:11 pm, Paulo Jorge de Oliveira Cantante de Matos
wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> How should one enter some input to an installation process through an
> ebuild? For example, at some point the bash script for program
> installation needs to receive a number from 1 to 4, how can we enter one
> of those through an ebuild?

You should always try to avoid writing ebuilds that need input from the user.
Add a local USE flag to the ebuild, so that the user can make his choice
*before* the ebuild runs.

Best regards,
Stu
--
Stuart Herbert                                              stuart@gentoo.org
Gentoo Developer                                       http://www.gentoo.org/

GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319  C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C