List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] questions of semantics in ebuild.sh
From:       Drake Wyrm <wyrm () haell ! com>
Date:       2004-01-29 6:40:53

On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 05:39:53PM -0500,
in <200401271739.53627.vapier@gentoo.org>, Mike Frysinger
<vapier@gentoo.org> wrote:
> On Tuesday 27 January 2004 14:44, Drake Wyrm wrote:
> > Okay, *that* makes sense. To continue that logic, src_* functions need
> > to be sandboxed, while pkg_* functions need to be unsandboxed. Now,
> > what about the dyn_* functions?
>
> they're internal functions you should never ever overload ... basically,
> unless you're gonna do internal portage hacking, forget they exist :P

That's the idea. I'm trying to learn and understand as much as I can
so I can quit throwing my ideas at the forums and mailing lists, and
actually help develop.
--
Batou: Hey, Major... You ever hear of "human rights"?
Kusanagi: I understand the concept, but I've never seen it in action.