List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Web-based Portage Frontendg
From:       Jason Stubbs <jasonbstubbs () mailandnews ! com>
Date:       2003-11-26 5:39:01

On Wednesday 26 November 2003 13:01, Jason Mobarak wrote:
> My only suggestion is to make your own code feature enough abstract
> encapsulation of portage that you can easily change how it may interact
> with future versions (i.e., MVC or similar design patterns). Currently I'm
> working on separating portage into a library of python packages but it's
> slow work and I currently have no one who seems greatly interested in
> helping. Hopefully I'll be able to finish before the end of December.
>
> However, I am looking to add several things to the current portage,
> documentation, unit tests, modularity, and encapsulation of basic
> operations (possibly using interfaces to define what methods certain class
> should have in order to perform certain actions).

I'd be interested in helping in that. I don't have too much free time, have
only just started using Python and have yet to understand how the more
important functionality works (the digraph class and all the dep_ functions)
but I'm a very quick learner and would only be a liability for a very short
time. :-)

Let me know if you're interested.

Regards,
Jason (too)