List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] 'submerge' was Re: Re: [gentoo-dev] Gentoo Embedded
From:       david () futuretel ! com
Date:       2003-10-31 19:47:39

On Fri, Oct 31, 2003 at 05:07:07PM +1000, luke@trolltech.com wrote:
> When I left the USE="-static", the overall size ended up being much larger,
> so I removed it. Adding "-nls" is a good idea too, although its simple
> enough to coopt localepurge.

interesting.  I wonder why.

> I added the line
> find ${ROOT_DIR} -name "*.a" | xargs -r r
> as the first line of create_img.

did you mean | xargs -r rm ?

I added a little routine to rm -rf directories specified in
the config file.  That way one can just tell it to get rid of
man/doc/info/include
those types of things.

If you have something cool to add, I'd love a patch ;-)

> I know gawk should eventually be removed as a dep of the init scripts, but
> for now, removing ${ROOT_DIR}/bin/pgawk* helps.
>
> tundra embeddedgentoo # ls work/bin/pgawk* -l
> -rwxr-xr-x    2 root     root       237376 Oct 31 15:55 work/bin/pgawk
> -rwxr-xr-x    2 root     root       237376 Oct 31 15:55 work/bin/pgawk-3.1.2

Well a simple grep through init scripts shows gawk being used a lot.
Will the runlevels work with out it ?