List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] What is classified as a "blocker" bug?
From:       Mike Frysinger <vapier () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-09-30 19:09:22

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 14:34, Jon Portnoy wrote:
> I, personally, usually use blocker only for very serious issues that
> could potentially, say, break someone's system to the point of being
> unbootable. (That's not the only case where I use it, it's just a decent
> example).

yeah, this is the only time i set stuff as Blocker ... and afaik, the rest of
the wranglers work pretty similarly to myself ...
i see Blocker as 'what prevents you from using Gentoo' ... if a package failed
to compile but you can still boot Gentoo and stuff smoothly, it ain't a
blocker ...

> In general, don't take it too seriously. We use it as a way to
> categorize what our priorities are based on what other bugs we have.

... but these are just things that developers can use to categorize
themselves ... if, as a manager of your own bug reports, feel like something
can be changed then go for it ... bugzilla is just a tool for you to manage
bugs and you can do so with your own bugs as you see fit.
-mike