List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: Migrating to a commercial PHP-based forums package for forums.gentoo.org
From:       Stuart Herbert <stuart () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-09-30 13:19:28

On Tuesday 30 September 2003 1:48 pm, Sebastian Bergmann wrote:
>   I have never tested Turck MMCache, but I know the developer of APC and
>   I know that APC was stress-tested by Rasmus (and others) and is ready
>   for production.

Has APC been updated recently?  Work on it seemed to stop for what felt like
two years or so.

>   Installation of APC is as simple as
>
>     $ pear install apc
>
>   (and adding a line to the php.ini) by the way.

I'll nudge coredumb and ask him to add an ebuild for this.

Best regards,
Stu
--
Stuart Herbert                                              stuart@gentoo.org
Gentoo Developer                                       http://www.gentoo.org/

GnuGP key id# F9AFC57C available from http://pgp.mit.edu
Key fingerprint = 31FB 50D4 1F88 E227 F319  C549 0C2F 80BA F9AF C57C