List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] win32codecs versioning
From:       Patrick Kursawe <phosphan () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-09-30 11:51:31

Hi there,

the mplayer guys seem to have the bad habit of distributing and updating
files while keeping the same name - so, as you can see in bug 29972, we
have files in distfiles which differ from the versions you find when you
follow the SRC_URI.

I'd like to switch to some kind of snapshots (like
win32codecs-20030930.tar.bz2) manually uploaded to distfiles.

Since I never touched this ebuild before I'd like to know if this is
ok for you and I'd like to hear suggestions for naming the ebuilds.

I'd prefer just calling them win32codecs-20030930.ebuild (changing suffix
from snapshot to snapshot) since I can't see in which way these codecs are
related to mplayer versions (what I think is where the current versioning
scheme started).

Comments?

Bye, Patrick