List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] ATTN ALL DEVS - REGARDING PRIVATE INFO
From:       Benjamin Coles <sj7trunks () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-09-30 0:59:23

First off I'd like to thank the current 31 developers that sent in their
information. It seems that there are some growing concerns about data
management and such, things I have not encountered before sending out the
last email. Right now I am the holder of this data, no one else can see or
get it and it's not in any database. I will not put any of this into the
database unless I know myself it's secure. The current ideas for xml
doesn't seem to be possible and so far we're thinking of having a database
and a webpage for devls on one server and have an anonymous account
allowed to only view the public information parse hourly to an xml form.
	Birthday will be moved to developers page, I thought it would be
neat to make announcments on a dev page about whose birthday it is, the
purpose of this was not to get personal and exploitable information... it
is just a better way to document things and in the event of a developer
wanting to apply for a job, it would be rather nice if you could claim all
your sweat and hard work on gentoo. A Senior Dev. or even a project lead
could answer that call. This would explain why the senior management would
have your private info such as mail/phone/altphone. You're alternate email
is just in case a server goes down and we cannot reach you via forward.
	I also understand that some people might be intimidated by the
recent request for email, some may be even angry in this cause. I will say
again though this is all at your will and consent, if you don't want to
include it certain fields that is fine. The reason why I requested this in
the first place is to jump start a bunch of projects that are at a
standstill.

Thanks,
Benjamin Coles
Gentoo Infrastructure