List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] --usepkg in emerge
From:       fredrik danerklint <fredan-gentoo-list () fredan ! org>
Date:       2003-07-30 21:35:27

Hi!

Is it possible, that when you are using --usepkg with emerge, could get emerge
to download the binarie file from a server, just like it would if you're
gonna compile the source code?

And could I set this feature in the variable "feature"? I didn't see that it
was possible.

What I'm trying to say, is that some kind of option in /etc/make.conf you
could use, just like the variable "gentoo_mirrors" but instead have it to
download the binarie file from a list of server, if the file is availible.

If the variable was called "gentoo_binaries" it would look like this:
GENTOO_BINARIES="http://ftp.fredan.org/gentoo/binaries/amd-athlonxp"
to get the binaries files optimized for amd athlon xp processor.
--
//fredan