List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] xfree
From:       Seemant Kulleen <seemant () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-05-29 4:12:53

Hi All,

Well, I've checked in a masked -r3 ebuild for xfree-4.3.0.  In it, I have the fonts \
moved into /usr/share/fonts.  I would like this to undergo testing, and also I would \
like some opinions/feedback on this move.  Just to catch everyone up: I'll be moving \
the fonts packages in portage all to media-fonts categories, and make them install \
into /usr/share/fonts instead.

Additionally, the roadmap for -r3 is to remove ALL font building from xfree entirely \
and shove them into separate packages.  The two possible exceptions will be 75dpi and \
100dpi fonts, but even those might move and become PDEPENDs.

As such, the current -r3 in portage is just part way there.

I am very interested in opinions before I proceed along this path.

Thanks,

--
Seemant Kulleen
Developer and Project Co-ordinator,

Public Key: http://pgp.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=get&search=0x3458780E
Key fingerprint = 23A9 7CB5 9BBB 4F8D 549B 6593 EDA2 65D8 3458 780E