List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] new local USE var: vim-with-x
From:       William Kenworthy <billk () iinet ! net ! au>
Date:       2003-04-30 14:08:56

Only to have the whole lot fall in a heap when an "emerge -u" writes
over the top of your carefully tailored USE flags.  USE flags as they
are currently implemented have a few shortcomings, and it looks like
from this discussion that per package overides will be the real
solution.  In the meantime, please dont build console apps with X
support by default!  If I want X support, I will run X and gvim.

BillK - one who has been bitten by silly USE defaults like X in console
applications ...