List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] emerge with interacitve use
From:       Panard <panard () inzenet ! org>
Date:       2003-04-29 17:03:19

Hello,

	After some experiencies with emerge, it could be great that to do an emerge
with USE interactive :

$ emerge -I php
Use Java [Y/n]?
Use X[y/N] ?

I found, that there are too many errors due to USE vars that we forget  to
disable or enable...

So I have taken my hands and my vim, and tried to do this, it gave a good
result.

I join the script, its name is emerge-interactive, this is in fact the emerge
script with my modifications (line  1840 to 1877)... place it in the
directory
/usr/lib/portage/bin
then
ln -s /usr/lib/portage/bin/emerge-interactive /usr/bin

To use the interactive mide, use
$ emerge-interactive -I or --interactive ....

This is my first gentoo and linux contribution so I'm waiting for some
feedback, impression, and sure critiques and amelioration (this is the first
time I script in python, so be indulgent !!)

Thanks!

Panard

         panard@inzenet.org                http://www.inzenet.org

"Computers are like air-conditioners, they stop working properly when you open
Windows."

["emerge-interactive.bz2" (application/x-bzip2)]