List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Using gvim with motif
From:       "A. Sleep" <a.sleep () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-03-27 15:18:52

On Thu, Mar 27, 2003 at 07:09:29AM -0800, Max Kalika wrote:
> Quoting Ingo Krabbe <i.krabbe@dokom.net>:
> > Until now it was quit easy to edit new ebuilds of gvim to use motif but
> > now you directly patch the configure file to use gtk2 as a default.
> > It would be nice to have a flag though that controls gvim flavour.
> I'm still (and always have) been using the Motif front end.  I have -gtk
> and -gtk2 in my USE flags.

I think he ment something that didn't limit his/users use of gtk or gtk2, but
would be a little more 'user friendly' then:

USE="<whatever you need here>" emerge gvim

I don't see the need for a change but would point out that the commonly
used USE then emerege syntax should be made _very_ clear in the docs.
(probably noted somplace in the install doc since that's the only one
most people seem to read)

--
  .-"""-.                            A.Sleep -*- Jeraimee Hughes
 /* * * *\                 PHP Sith and Free Software Evangelist