List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Using gvim with motif
From:       Ingo Krabbe <i.krabbe () dokom ! net>
Date:       2003-03-27 14:04:56

Hi,

in recent times gtk2 becomes to be used within gvim.  This is nice for
most people of course, but I would like to use the motif frontend with
gvim since it is quit a bit faster and smaller and I don't need to type
traditional chinese or things like that.

gtk2 slows down gvim by the use of pango as the font display library and
I would like to go on using my motif resources again.

Until now it was quit easy to edit new ebuilds of gvim to use motif but
now you directly patch the configure file to use gtk2 as a default.

It would be nice to have a flag though that controls gvim flavour.

BYE INGO