List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] ACPI in gentoo
From:       Gertjan <g.zwartjes () student ! tue ! nl>
Date:       2003-02-26 12:15:12

Hi,

I use the gentoo-sources kernel on my ASUS L3400D laptop. I would like to
get suspend to RAM working... When I execute "echo 3 > /proc/acpi/sleep"
nothing happens. Sleep states 1 and 5 work perfectly. I would like to know
if somebody can help me with this. Also, I would like to know what version
of the ACPI4Linux patch is included with gentoo-sources, or at least where
I can find that version.

Actually, I don't even know if suspend is already supported in the
kernel... Maybe this is the wrong place to ask these questions, but I
first want to know what version of the ACPI patch is in the Gentoo kernel,
before I inquire at the ACPI mailing lists. Hopefully there are people on
this list that can answer my other questions too.

Gertjan