List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Portage irk...
From:       Emiel Kollof <coolvibe () hackerheaven ! org>
Date:       2003-01-30 13:42:42

Hi folks,

Why is it, when I unmask a package (with a  higher version number than the
"official one") by using ACCEPT_KEYWORDS, portage downgrades it on the next
emerge -u world to a lower version? This is very irritating behaviour. Can it
be turned off or disabled somehow?

Of course I can hack it out of portage (or hack something into portage that
watches version numbers and bypass mask checking), but that's kind of a dirty
way to do it.

Any insights?

Cheers,
Emiel
--
The real reason large families benefit society is because at least
a few of the children in the world shouldn't be raised by beginners.