List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Defining Meta-Packages
From:       Peter Sharp <mail () psharp ! uklinux ! net>
Date:       2003-01-29 17:34:24

On Tuesday 28 January 2003 17:55 pm, Martin Schipany wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I would like to setup some of my own meta-packages like "system" or
> "world",(eg "office-workstation-kde", "firewall", "domaincontroller" ..)
> but I could not find any ebuilds.
>
> Where and how are they defined?

An easier way to go about this is to simply create an ebuild which depends on
all the packages which you want - this way you can use emerge -u to upgrade
all the packages.  An example of this is the kde package which simply depends
on the individual kde components.  This allows you to use all the flexibility
of emerge.

Pete