List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Status of gentoo on Alpha
From:       Timothy Bissell <damaen () rochester ! rr ! com>
Date:       2003-01-28 3:39:05

I can't say much about the status, but it is at least working for me. I
have gentoo running an alphaserver 5305 (EV56). Seems to run
beautifully, I'm using a vanilla SMP kernel though, I haven't tried the
gentoo sources yet. I didn't even have much trouble with the Mylex raid
card.

Some of the goodies in portage are masked on the alpha architecture
though. The only thing I've had to unmask so far was openldap, and that
went in nice and easy.

As a side note, should I simply add a bugzilla entry for builds I find
that work on this machine?

--
Timothy Bissell <damaen@rochester.rr.com>