List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    RE: [gentoo-dev] gtk+-2.2.0 & eclipse - PROBLEM FOUND
From:       "Hogye, Michael" <hogye () metsci ! com>
Date:       2003-01-13 0:04:02

The call that's causing eclipse to hang is in
org.eclipse.swt.widgets.ProgressBar.configureBar(). For some reason,
after eclipse has drawn a full progress bar, it then makes a call
configuring the progress bar to have min = 0, max = 0, and value = 0.
Maybe there's a reason to do that?

Regardless of reason, the resulting native call to
gtk_progress_configure(0, 0, 0) is what hangs.

So ... what I'm planning to do until one end or the other (probably
gtk?) fixes things is put a check in ProgressBar.configureBar(), so that
it doesn't call the native method if min == max == 0.

I've had trouble compiling the eclipse source, but it gets through
compiling the SWT jar before the build fails. So I can put in my little
hack, build the SWT jar, and replace the installed SWT jar with the
hacked version. If anybody wants a copy of the hacked jar, let me know.