List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] perl-5.8 upgrade
From:       Michael Cummings <mcummings () datanode ! net>
Date:       2003-01-08 18:20:46

Because there was no way for me to include it directly in the ebuild :)

the libperl_upgrade script builds lists of modules you have installed
and then reruns emerge on them (not always smoothly, and woe to they
that installs masked items, but doesn't have ACCEPT_KEYWORDS set) -
currently, the feature to do a REBUILD isn't available in portage
(I understand it is on the futures list, just not here now).
It also *tries* to locate anything compiled against your old
libperl.so and re-emerge that as well. 99% of the time this
will get you back on your feet shortly. If not, like I put in the
ewarn at the end of the initial emerge, send me a bug :)

I tried to make this as smooth as I could given what we have, promise.

Mike