List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] gcc without ada,f77,objc ?
From:       Martin Volf <mv () inv ! cz>
Date:       2003-01-05 16:33:20

On Sun, 5 Jan 2003 17:42:26 +0200
Martin Schlemmer <azarah@gentoo.org> wrote:

> > <snip>
>
> I think for the time being, it should stay as is ... the more advanced
> user that really have this as an issue, could always edit the ebuild.
> Isn't this part of the simplicity and bash nature of ebuilds ... being
> able to edit things to suit ?

This is OK, but it should be documented. And one must be careful, because emerge sync \
will overwrite user-edited ebuild.

What about making "c,c++" the default and he who needs e.g. fortran would edit the \
ebuild or do something like GCC_LANGS="c,c++,fortran" (as Richard Lärkäng suggested), \
which is IMHO equivalent to using new USE flags. Mozilla ebuild also uses "private" \
USE flags, e.g. moznoirc moznomail moznocompose (BTW, that's how I have built it).

--
Martin Volf