List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Announcing new Prelinking Guide
From:       Stefan Jones <cretin () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2003-01-05 14:41:36

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 14:30, Werner Van Belle wrote:

> That doesn't explain why one set of options doesn't crash (-fmv) while the
> other set of options (-amv) does. And after all, a program that segfaults has
> a bug in it.
>
> Furthermore, I've exactly the same behaviour as Mr. Caleb. If I start prelink
> - -anv it crashes after reading libstdc++.so.5.0.2.

I am not saying prelink isn't buggy btw.

The -f flag is needed if you have prelinked binaries already on the
system, otherwise it will abort, that is another matter.....

If you use -f you get around that problem, but you then encounter the
other one, you are between a rock and a hard place it seems.

( this is only an idea )

--
Stefan Jones <cretin@gentoo.org>
Gentoo Linux