Toby Dickenson writes: > On Friday 03 January 2003 5:23 pm, Terje Kvernes wrote: > > > I have to admit though, sometimes I'd give an arm and a leg for > > not just a portage-rescue, but also rescues for python and gcc. > > you don't get far in Gentoo when python or gcc are dead. > > I like to keep a second bootable copy of the root and /usr partition > on lvm for this type of emergency. Its worth the 3G of disk space you do have a good point. diskspace is practically free these days. -- Terje -- gentoo-dev@gentoo.org mailing list