List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] stage1-x86-1.4_pre20021229.tar.bz2
From:       Daniel Robbins <drobbins () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2002-12-29 7:32:28

Hi All,

To ramp up our testing for the 1.4_rc3/_final release, I've begun
building generic stage1 "snapshot" tarballs (compiled with "-O2
-mcpu=i686" using Gerk's scripts) and will be uploading new ones to
ibiblio on an almost daily basis. You will be able to find them here:

http://www.ibiblio.org/gentoo/experimental/x86/stages/

stage1-x86-1.4_pre20021229.tar.bz2 is now online. It is several weeks
newer than Gerk's 1.4_rc2 stages, and has not yet been tested. It needs
testing.

I'd like to start assembling a QA team to put these stages through their
paces. If you're interested in helping (whether you're a developer or a
user,) please email drobbins@gentoo.org and cc: seemant@gentoo.org. I
want to get a large team together so that 1.4 is thoroughly QA tested
by the time it is released.

Thanks!

--
Daniel Robbins