List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] glibc not compiling
From:       Martin Schlemmer <azarah () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2002-12-27 16:52:30

On Fri, 2002-12-27 at 00:03, Richard Reich wrote:
> Attached you will find the output of glibc errors... I've tried emerge
> world -u, emerge glibc, emerge glibc -e.  All before and after an emerge
> clean.  I get the same error in any case.  Does anybody have any ideas
> on what to do?

I have only seen this for two reasons.  First was due to using
experimental HTREE support in ext3.  Second an most probibly are
due to kernel headers.

Edit the ebuild and change src_compile to:

------------------------
src_compile() {
    local myconf=""

    # If we build for the build system we use the kernel headers from
the target
    ( use build || use sparc || use x86 ) \
        && myconf="${myconf} --with-headers=${ROOT}usr/include"
    # Set it without "build" as well, else it might use the current
kernel's
    # headers, which might just fail (the linux-headers package is
usually well
    # tested...)

And see if that fixes it.

--

Martin Schlemmer
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop/System Team Developer