List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Ideas for user-developer communication
From:       Antoine Jacoutot <ajacoutot () lphp ! org>
Date:       2002-11-16 1:30:17

"One thing I could suggest...if version numbers are really as unimportant as
some claim (and I might be inclined to agree), drop them altogether for the
distribution as a whole, and instead call it "The Gentoo Project" or whatever,
with no public version numbers...except for the installer, for which a version
number could be viewed in the package name for download and during the
install, which is really the only time it would actually be important."

--> I like this idea...

--
Antoine Jacoutot
Gentoo Linux