List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] help me!!! please???
From:       "Ray Leyva" <maillist () esystemssolutions ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 22:34:06

> my pc is a:
>         Intel Pentium III GHz Celeron Processor
>         Memory:
>          320 MB of RAM
>         Harddisks:
>          C: 6 Gb
>          D: 40 Gb

I have it running on much much lower specs than that.

1.  If it's from linux iso then you *might* need to use the 1.2 install
instructions.  I don't believe they are distributing the 1.4 iso yet.

http://www.gentoo.org/doc/build-1.2.html

The above link is to the 1.2 install instructions.

> 2. I have a pci modem that is not detect during install
> how do I install my modem???
>
>  it is a; Generic 56k HCF Data Fax Modem (says windows)

2.  Might be a winmodem.  This would require additional configuration.

http://linmodems.org

They have information on how to get "some" winmodems running under Linux.

> 3. or is it not possible to run Gentoo with this modem?

3. See (2)

> thx,
> Pietjan
> (this is my mom's e-mail account)

Your welcome! ;-)

> PS: please keep it plain and simple because, I am completely new to
> Linux and  I am Dutch so English is not my strongest point, ok?
> and maybe I can help you to translate Gentoo to Dutch...

Welcome, and good luck!

Ray