List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Questions on creating an ebuild
From:       Evan Read <eread () freeshell ! org>
Date:       2002-09-30 5:08:50

Hi,

I was wanting to create an ebuild of Judy libraries:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/judy

You will notice that there is no version number in the software (because
the "big deal" about this software is the LGPLing of it).  How can one
work around that?  I have, so far, had to have an ebuild filename that
doesn't reflect the name of the tarball AND have had to explicitly state
the name of the tarball (and so not use ${P}).  Can this be worked
around or should I contact the author of the software?

The other thing was the filename of the tarball starts with a capital
("J"). Is this ok?  It works (to have an ebuild file with a lowercase
first letter) but I am assuming if the tarball and the ebuild are to
have the same name, then this also needs to be fixed.

Thanks.

Evan.

--
For security use OpenBSD: http://eread.freeshell.org/
"The future comes 60 minutes an hour no matter who you are or what you