List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Netboot install without floppy nor a cdrom device
From:       Sascha =?iso-8859-1?Q?W=FCstemann?= <sascha.wuestemann () epost ! de>
Date:       2002-08-30 19:08:05

Hi developers,

based on the information Netboot install of your Gentoo Linux
alternative installation method HOWTO I have found a way how to
install gentoo on a computer that has no floppy nor a cdrom device
using netboot.

there are few people who might be interested in this, but if you are
interested, please read http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic.php?t=13506

it describes the way I started, which software I used and finally how I
solved the problem that had arised.

btw: why at all using a floppy with grub to use tftp if you don't need
that? ok, not all nics can do netboot...

regards,
Sascha aka khippy

--
Linux, the choice          | The problem with being best man at a
of a GNU generation   -o)  | wedding is that you never get a chance to