List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Upgrade, course of action.
From:       "Gregg" <gregg () sc ! am>
Date:       2002-08-24 5:24:53

Everyone keeps telling me how brave I am.  I have to say, it doesnt seem
that way to me.  Ive got a second drive (exact mirror of the first, same
size) rsyncing every night (over to another server).  That is my current
backup solution.  I havent had to go to it once.  Since I set this up as a
server and started getting these users I havent had a single outage that
wasnt a problem with power (we had 2 real bad storms over the last month
that took out power for 5 hours each, my UPS only does 3 hours tops for
the 3 systems it runs.)  Other than that, it has run flawless, and you
want brave.  emerge -up world shows nothing right now.  It is as up to
date as possible without gcc 3.2.  Not a single problem.

Gregg