List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] OpenSSL
From:       Mickey Mullin <mmullin () websoft ! com>
Date:       2002-07-31 15:20:54

>> rsync/emerge/clean scenario), but it appears that my system is playing
>> a prank:
>
> Nope your eyes are :)

Yup.  I wish I could blame it on my eyewear, only I don't wear any.  I guess
Coke really isn't an adequate substitute for sleep - Mom was right, after all.

>>  dev-libs/openssl
>>     selected: 0.9.6d
>>    protected: 0.9.6c-r1 0.9.6e
>>      omitted: none
>> Why is it going to "clean" the package that I just merged (0.9.6e)?
>> It worked properly on my other servers.  Curious....
>
> Coz it doesn't :P ITs going to remove d not e. c and e are protected.
> I'd better ask why it wants to NOT unmerge c :)

Uh, yeah!  That's what I was thinking.  Why is it keeping "c"?  That's what
I meant all along.  Uh huh.  Sure it is, Mick...

Thanks, Alex.

Mickey