List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] new package notification
From:       Marko Mikulicic <marko () seul ! org>
Date:       2002-07-27 20:40:15

mikepolniak wrote:

> I did  echo "$i/*.ebuild does not exist" for the error message.

nothing easiear:

yust fill DESCRIPTION:
DESCRIPTION="$i/*.ebuild ${RED}does not exist$NORMAL"

> I also like your idea to EXCLUDE paths since e.g. i dont use gnome or kde and
> would exclude their listing.

I will make it in the next version :-)
It should read a config file. "/etc/emerge-rsync.conf".
I don't like to pollute /etc just for a simple configuration like
"EXCLUDE". Modifying the bin is not an option.
  When I collect some more features request I will implement them
all in once.
  For now it's better to keep it simple.
I want to be sure that errors like the one you reported
does not repeat. After a bit testing will put in
other features.

Marko