List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] fcron ebuild
From:       Alex Holden <alex () linuxhacker ! org>
Date:       2002-06-29 17:29:09

Alex Holden wrote:
> Why not use nvi instead, it's much smaller and doesn't depend on X. I

Oops, I actually meant the "vi" package not the "nvi" package (I thought
they were the same thing until I looked closer and realised that vi had
installed itself on top of nvi). How come vi installs to /usr/bin
instead of /bin - many systems I've seen have a small standalone vi
installed in /bin so that an editor is available for disaster recovery
purposes if the /usr partition can't be mounted for some reason.

--
------------ Alex Holden - http://www.linuxhacker.org ------------
If it doesn't work, you're not hitting it with a big enough hammer