List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] alsa support removed from current KDE
From:       Bart Verwilst <verwilst () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2002-06-16 23:11:47

On Monday 17 June 2002 01:00, John A. Ouzts wrote:
|| I believe there will be some pent up demand for a HOWTO on getting sound
|| to work using KDE 3.0.1. and alsa 0.9, when a fix comes and alsa support
|| goes back into KDE. I suspect virtually all KDE users will be in need of
|| specific instructions for getting sound back.

For getting sound back??
I never used alsa in my life, and still i've always enjoyed sound on my KDE
systems, without any hassle whatsoever... I can't understand why anybody
would want to use something as (apparently) bugridden and hard to setup as
alsa, when he can just compile his sounddrivers in the kernel, and let arts
do all the work...

just my 2 cents

--
Bart Verwilst