List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Emacs ebuild and LEIM
From:       Ryan Shaw <ryan.shaw () stanfordalumni ! org>
Date:       2002-05-31 8:38:40

okay, but the emacs ebuild does include mule, just
not leim. so the "mule" USE variable can't be used
for this: we would need a new variable.

in any case, i thought USE variables were meant to
be applicable across packages; but "mule" and "leim"
are pretty much emacs-specific. wouldn't in be
better to have a general "multi-byte" or "i18n"
USE variable?