List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Problem with rsync
From:       "Eugenia Loli-Queru" <eloli () hotmail ! com>
Date:       2002-05-16 4:38:23

I haven't booted back to Gentoo for many days now (oops..;-) but... I had a
need for Linux tonight. I decided to update the system, but I get this (as
root):

eugenia root # emerge rsync
>>>starting rsync with rsync://cvs.gentoo.org/gentoo-x86-portage...
rsync: failed to connect to cvs.gentoo.org: Connection refused
rsync error: error in socket IO (code 10) at clientserver.c(89)

The resolv.conf is fine, I am connected to the net and stuff, just fine. For
example, if I use lynx for cvs.gentoo.org from the same terminal, it works
fine, I can see the page. But when using emerge rsync, I get the above
error.

Any ideas? There was one more person who had the same problem some days ago,
as I read in this mailing list (but no one had a real answer to the
problem).
It seems that something went wrong since the last time I booted (about 15-20
days ago). The last time I booted, emerge was working fine.

Thanks,
Eugenia

    Editor-in-Chief at http://www.OSNews.com
    Email: eugenia@osnews.com - ICQ: 6070904