List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] kernel issue
From:       Erik Grinaker <erikg () wired-networks ! net>
Date:       2002-04-30 15:02:44

On Tue, 2002-04-30 at 16:57, Mario Andres Yepes C wrote:

> Issuing a "insmod vfat", reports something like "sys_ctl_mmx not defined". I'm
> not much of a developer but I'd say that the vfat module needs some pentium
> mmx instructions.

Just out of curiosity; what happens if you compile the vfat fs driver
into the kernel instead of as a module?

--

Erik Grinaker
Freelance UNIX/Linux systems consultant

"Perfection is acheived not when there is nothing more to add, but
rather when there is nothing more to take away"
- Antoine de Saint-Exupéry