List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] ebuild failing with sandbox violation
From:       jurquijo () nyso ! org
Date:       2002-04-29 17:19:06

Can anyone point me to a doc or mailing list post that describes sandbox
violations?

I've written an ebuild for imwheel and it used to work/install fine on a
gentoo rc6 system I had installed.

Trying to install the same ebuild on a recently built system fails with a
"sandbox violation" when the ebuild tries to create /etc/imwheelrc.

I thought that in all steps prior to the "merge" command, ebuilds were
built in a "safe" temporary environment before being copied to the live
filesystem.

Has something changed radically in emerge/ebuild?

TIA,
Julian