List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Portage Documentation
From:       "Bruce A. Locke" <blocke () shivan ! org>
Date:       2002-03-31 9:34:22

I've started writing the planned handbook guide to Portage and have much
of the Portage configuration section finished.  My plan is to add the
package management section to the guide tomorrow to hopefully get enough
of it up to be of use when word of Gentoo 1.0 becomes more widespread.

You can laugh at my grammar and spelling at:

http://www.gentoo.org/~blocke/portage.html

I would appreciate feedback on the parts written so far and if you have
a favorite FAQ about /etc/make.* or emerge command line stuff please let
me know so I can answer it in the guide.

Thanks!

BTW, The guide might be useful for people trying to understand portage's
1.8.9 new fangled USE setting system... hope my understanding of it is
correct :)

--

Bruce A. Locke
blocke@shivan.org