List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Re: [gentoo-user] a preempt patch lament
From:       Matthew Kennedy <mbkennedy () austin ! rr ! com>
Date:       2002-02-28 4:26:50

On Wed, 2002-02-27 at 22:14, Bruce A. Locke wrote:
> Anyone know if some kind soul is maintaining a preempt + tested XFS
> patch?  With the dozens of different kernel trees these days someone has
> to be doing something like that :)

After playing around with a few patch sets, I think I'll move back to
gentoo's 2.4.17-r4 and wait for SGI to create a 2.4.18 patch set for XFS
(should be out any time). Then I'll apply the preempt patch to that and
see what happens. I too can't live with out that preempt patch... can't
imagine how I lived before it.