List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] get packages from places other than rsync?
From:       "Hastings, Ben (LNG)" <ben.hastings () lexisnexis ! com>
Date:       2002-02-27 17:59:45

I've read just about every page on your site, including FAQ and the
installation doc, and I can't seem to find my solution anywhere.

I'm running a system at home that is primarily windows... and I've not yet
been able to get my modem to work with linux (Slackware 8.0).

I'm a software tester by trade and like your concept, so, I'd like to give
it a try.  I'd like to download the core installation files (done that) and
updated packages, burn them to a cd and go from there (a bootable cd would
be great, since my 3.5" drive controller isn't functional).

Is this something I can do, or do I need to wait for the first "official"
release and order a ISO cd?

Thanks!
Ben Hastings
Science Direct