List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] Creative Vibra128 Sound install
From:       Sebastian Werner <sebastian () werner-productions ! de>
Date:       2001-12-31 10:40:13

Am Mon, 2001-12-31 um 01.31 schrieb jano:
> > Hey
> >
> > Normally you don't need the init.d-script... this is the file of the
> > default alsa-installation i think. Mhh.
> >
> > You don't must reboot to take changes effect. Try to call
> > update-modules manually. I don't know if it is done by the system while
> > booting.
> >
> > Remove the entry in modules.autoload. I think it's enough to put some
> > lines to aliases:
>
> Why?  here's my /etc/modules.autoload:
> snd-card-0
> snd-pcm-oss
> snd-seq-oss
> snd-mixer-oss
>
> That loads my sound card, and the oss compatability modules.
>
> Then i created a /etc/modules.d/alsa file which contains the proper aliases
> what the alsa docs ask for.  This is followed by modules-update.  *shrug*
> While your script works, you're just redoing what's already been done :)

No!

This is not correct. My script / my solution loads modules by need not
every start up with the system boot. The way to load all modules in
modules.autoload i don't like. My system have a minimum kernel and all
other things in modules. This is why there are modules. If you load them
every start you could build a kernel without any modules!