List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] New multi-qt scheme
From:       Dan Armak <danarmak () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-12-27 21:26:48

Still more trouble with qt:

the kde configures/makefiles use -lqt. Meaning they want a symlink libqt-so
-> libqt.so.version. When I ldd a compiled one though, it tries to resolve
libqt.so.majorversion so that symlink doesn't need to stay forever.

So, the temp solution is to have kde.eclass create the appropriate symlink
before running configure, and delete it after running make. I would certainly
like a better solution though. Ideas?

One way to fix this is of course to have each qt's libs in /usr/qt/{2,3}/lib.
Problems are: less elegant, dirs need to be added to LDPATH.

--

Dan Armak
Gentoo Linux Developer, Desktop Team