List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] ebuilds for kde3 beta etc.
From:       Bart Verwilst <verwilst () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-12-26 13:46:48

Hello!

My mail server is back online, so here i am again, i hope i didn't
miss too much of all this though :o(
One of the main reasons that i asked on IRC if we could have our
crew.gentoo.org/verwilst or people.gentoo.org/verwilst dirs, is for
stuff like this... The ebuilds that would be posted on each dev's
'personal' site will generally be of much better quality then loose
ebuilds found anywhere else... Having those 'pre-portage' ebuilds helps
us refine and test the ebuilds without making some user messing up his
system if he/she decides to ignore all the warnings and disclaimers..
For the KDE3 ebuilds, if danarmak and me use them before KDE3 final is
released, we'll have a rock-solid eclass implementation of the multi-.
KDE's and qt's... ( And ofcourse our bugreports to KDE will help
producing a better KDE 3 release, but that's another story ;o)
But gentoo-users should have the option of using stable ebuilds for
their alpha/beta software, or they'll make their own ebuilds, and break
maybe even more on their system :)

Just my 2 Eurocents

--
Bart Verwilst