List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] xdvi and dvips not working as normal user...
From:       Tibor Rudas <tibi () mdy ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2001-11-29 14:22:43

Hi all

I recently noticed that xdvi and dvips are not working correctly
when invoking them as normal user...
They look for fonts (and try to create them) in /var/cache/fonts
(which does not exist of course...) while the fonts are in
/usr/share/texmf/fonts. When invoked by root everything
works as usual (lots of output from kpathsea and metafont).
When this is done once users also can view/dvips a document.
But I suspect that the problem will arise again as soon as
kpathsea and metafont need to create something new...

regards
Tibor Rudas