List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] How stable is RC-6?
From:       Bart Verwilst <verwilst () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-11-16 20:17:12

rc6 is stable enough for you to upgrade.
I use Gentoo rc6 as my default desktop, and
i haven't experienced anything out of the ordinary.
Ofcourse there are some bugs here and there, but just tell
your bugs to the friendly Gentoo dev's, and they will fix the
problem in a matter of hours ;)
I don't see a problem in it, have fun!

On Fri, 2001-11-16 at 20:42, Nicholas Burlett wrote:
> I've been using gentoo rc5 since the middle of the summer, and I'm quite
> happy with it. I'm looking to upgrade to RC6, but I want to make sure
> that it's safe to do so (ie: the install won't leave my computer in a
> state of disrepear unless I don't follow the directions...)
>
> I don't mind if some things are broken (I hear some of the e-builds
> don't work yet).
>
> Thanks, and continue the great work!
>
> Nicholas Burlett
> nrb23@cornell.edu