List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] parallel download compile
From:       "Damon M. Conway" <damon () 3jane ! net>
Date:       2001-10-30 15:30:02

So, I'm sitting here emerging galeon, and it occurs to me that I can do a
fetchonly and emege at the same time.  What do you think of looking at
making that a native option in portage?  Maybe a make.conf or env var to
enable downloads and builds at the same time.

throwing pennies,
kabau

--
"UNIX was not designed to stop you from doing stupid things, because that
 would also stop you from doing clever things."  --Doug Gwyn