List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] Portage 1.7 released
From:       Daniel Robbins <drobbins () gentoo ! org>
Date:       2001-10-30 9:44:03

Hi All,

Portage 1.7 has now been released and is on rsync.  It contains a simple
bug fix.  Apparently, I must have inadvertently changed a line completely
unrelated to the new "*" deps.

NOTE: If you currently have Portage 1.6.12 running and are getting "circular
deps" errors from emerge, here's how to fix it.  Edit
/usr/lib/portage/pym/portage.py, and do a search for "empty(".  You will find
an empty function that looks like this:

    def empty(self):
		if len(self.dict)==0:
			return 0
		return 0

Change it so it looks like this:

    def empty(self):
		if len(self.dict)==0:
			return 1
		return 0

Then save the file, and Portage will now work.  Now emerge Portage 1.7 :)

I have absolutely no idea how this typo got into the code, since I haven't
touched this part of the portage.py code in a while.  My best guess is that it
was the result of a vim keypress mishap or something.  Apologies for any
inconvenience.

Best Regards,

--
Daniel Robbins					<drobbins@gentoo.org>