List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    [gentoo-dev] seg faults in /etc/inint.d/depscan.sh
From:       "jano" <jano () portablehole ! net>
Date:       2001-10-29 13:12:01

I frist came across this when I modified some mouse stuff.  I wasn't quite
sure whether I had to do any sort of update after changing the comfig files,
so to be safe, I ran:
"rc-update add gpm default"  and got the following error:
/sbin/rc-update: line 100: 21830 Segmentation fault   /etc/init.d/depscan.sh
Sure enough, gpm showed up in /etc/runlevels/default (I dunno if had been
there or what).  Now, whenever I run depscan.sh, I get a segfault.  But it
seems to accomplish what it should, irregardless.

Did I break depscan.sh by running the gpm thing?  Or is this a known
problem?  Or maybe my setup *shrug*

rc6, running on xfs system, dual p3-800, 512MB ram.

jano