List:       gentoo-dev
Subject:    Re: [gentoo-dev] CVS ebuild's and Portage possibilities
From:       James M Long <jlong () pop ! fedworld ! gov>
Date:       2001-10-28 4:46:01

I for one have been thinking about that very thing and have been trying to get a \
better understanding of the ebuild/Portage system as it is now. The CVS software idea \
is a good one to try, but maybe it can be done with incoming, like other software \
that is normally not ready for prime time.(at least in Gentoo).   Specifically for \
e17... this will be a rather large project in itself, since the specs, libs and even \
apps seem to be in constant flux. I think it would be interesting to see if the \
smaller apps can be maintained with their releases, I am going to try to write the \
ebuilds necessary to do Entice.. Rasterman's newest image viewer, this will use alot \
of the base libs and apps from e17. Maybe it is something that can be built upon. \
Eventually I see that e17 will have to be looked at like KDE or GNOME. Anyway, I \
think I need to get some sleep... rambling now :)

James...